Please follow the below guide on how to care for your products correctly. Correct handling and usage of the products will help you to ensure that you get the most of your purchases.
1. Keep your candles at a clear distance from other objects, especially flammable items & home decor.
2. Place your candle away from direct airflow sources like windows, the fan, A/C etc., as this would lead to an uneven burn of your candle and might lead to tunneling.
3. Always trim your wick before lighting your candle. For cotton wicks, keep your wicks trimmed to 1.0 - 1.5 cm. For wooden wicks, trim the blackened tips from the previous burn.
4. For all container candles, keep the candle lit till the wax liquifies till the edges of the container to avoid tunneling.
Pro-tip - this will work for all properly designed container candles across brands.
5. Do not keep your candle burning for more than 2 - 3 hours. Prolonged burn times can cause your wick to become unstable, causing a larger flame and start releasing soot and / or smoke. Additionally, the heat generated could cause your essential oils to react and evapourate.
6. Avoid keeping your candles directly on wooden or plastic surfaces, especially our Urli Candle & Wooden Wick Candles. When kept lit for longer periods of time, the metal can heat up over time and damage some surfaces.
7. Always keep pillar candles in a container before lighting. While the larger candles would sustain themselves, smaller aesthetic candles tend to burn quicker and keeping a container would help you to collect the wax and use it for a longer period of time.
8. Avoid handling candles once lit and keep them away from children and pets. Our metal container candles can heat up over prolonged use, always check the container before handling.
9. Our Urli Candles can be repurposed after use. After the candle burns out, to clean the urli, use tongs and place it over a low flame. This would melt the remaining wax, which can then be wiped clean with a tissue / waste paper. Once cooled, remove the wick & wick holder, and any remaining wax can be washed with soap and a gentle scrub.
Alternatively, you can use coconut oil to easily clean out any remaining wax.